Learn HOW to make and build with Cob?
Get down and dirty with our two day Cob Building Course, a practical and muddy experience that's guaranteed to be addictive!
This workshop is an introduction to “all things mud” and may be run over two days.
A weekend is ideal - arrive on Friday and stay the whole weekend.
Time given is the minimum required to learn the art of cobbing, a short introduction is given and the practical component is in 2 parts. There is time for participants to practice and really come to grips with the reality of building with cob.
The 2 day course includes:
- An introduction to cob and its history
- Design considerations specific to cob and wattle and daub
- Locating and testing soils
- Mixing cob successfully by foot
- Adapting cob mixes for local conditions and specific uses
- Building with cob
- Learn the pros a cons of using lime
- Sculpting with cob - create free flowing forms, integrated niches and decoration
- How to make and apply, polish and colour earthen plasters, clay paints and finishing plaster
- How to seal cob using wheat paste, cactus, cow dung and “glue”
R1 500 per person (Minimum 4 people)
Includes all meals and 2 nights accommodation
Duration: Day 1 - 9h00 to 15h00, Day 2 - 9h00 to 15h00
You decide when, we will make it fit…