Morgan Bay Backpackers at Yellowwood Forest
Yellowwood Forest welcomes nature loving Independent travelers of all ages. We are off of the usual backpacker route, just 45 minutes drive from East London (42km off of the N2 along the R349) and a few minutes drive from Kei Mouth, where the ferry across the Great Kei River leads you into the Wild Coast.
Morgan Bay Backpackers is spread over 2 separate properties. The dorm rooms can sleep up to 8 people, while 300m away at Yellowwood Forest we have double rooms, family units and a campsite where food and Wi-Fi can be found.
Morgan Bay Backpackers is proudly Green… but not that Green! Catch up with yourself, get your laundry done, fill your tummy, phone mom and get your mojo back before heading off for greener pastures!
What to expect
- We can pick up and drop off every Monday and Friday. R75 per person
- Free Wi-Fi 15mins daily
- Food, beer and great coffee available!
- Craft markets every Saturday
- Nature trails, dam and river swims
- Surfboards, canoes, surf-skis & bicycles for hire
- Cob building workshops by arrangement
- Volunteer opportunities
- Quirky, Green & Eco-conscious
Rate: R125 per person per day
Sleeps: Eight (2x rooms each sleeping 4 in bunk beds)
Positioned with easy access to both the beach and hidden forests of Morgan Bay is a comfortable Park home 1.2km from the coast. Nestled in a tranquil bushveld setting with great scenery, coastal forest views, rocky river frontage and enchanted trails are 2 Dorm rooms with 4 bunks each (sleeps 8) where Backpackers can retreat.
The Dorm rooms share a communal lounge, self catering kitchen, fridge, freezer, bathroom and loo. There is also an open air, private, hot water shower- perfect for star gazing. The hot water is solar powered but there is electricity for lights and charging electronics. The cupboards have locks to store your valuables. There are books, board games, a dart board and television. There is also a fire pit, braai grid and pots for open fire cooking.
The deck has comfy sofas to chill in, so put your feet up with a view over the tiny dam which is ideal for swimming and floating on lilos!
Double rooms, family units and the campsite are situated 300m away at Yellowwood Forest where food and Wi-Fi are to be found.
- Accounts are payable before or on arrival - no exceptions
- 1 car is allowed per site. Extra cars will be asked to park off site
- Please check out before 11am and in after 2pm
- The R100 deposit on arrival is a key deposit and also a deposit for any breakages that may occur during the guests stay with us
- Out of Season, the Reception office and front gate close at 6pm so check in time is before 6pm (18h00). If guests are expecting to arrive later, they HAVE to make prior arrangements with the office.