Whether it's a birthday, engagement, anniversary or tying the knot, Yellowwood Forest’s beautiful, riverside campground offers nature lovers an unconventional venue. Great for wedding ceremonies, receptions and celebrations! There are a number of beautiful sites from which to choose and plenty of space should you wish to erect a large tent of your choice.
The combination of a safe, peaceful environment, large area available, and the variety of self catering options for guest accommodation and our beautiful Cob cottage for honeymoons make it something special.
Venue hire may include the following (Negotiable):
- Exclusive use of a portion of Yellowwood campsite which includes the tea garden, bar and grassy area for function tents.
NB: We need the campsite to remain available to campers unless you are prepared to pay for full closure of Yellowwood. There is a gate which can then be closed for your convenience.
- Use of our permanent stretch tent and rustic wooden picnic benches to seat 70 people. The tent can’t be moved but the benches can be placed wherever needed
- The use of electrical points throughout the venue.
- A generator to power certain areas in the event of a power outage.
- Rustic buffet table (wooden planks on grey drums) ideal for canapés.
- No time limit is imposed on your party.....keep going until you are done. We will allow set up 4 days beforehand at no extra cost. We can store all your things safely too.
- Security guards for cars and tent after hours for functions in excess of 70 people.
- Portable oak bar counter.
The Bar is well stocked and conveniently central. We operate and manage the bar and will supply ice and any special drinks requested. On our bar prices we give a “10 % discount on a CASH bar and 15% on an OPEN bar” and our standard corkage fee applies on wine and champagne brought in.
This forested retreat, being only 1.5 km from the beach, offers protection from the strong coastal wind experienced in Morgan Bay. Couples choosing Yellowwood for their function appreciate that an awesome outdoor venue means that no matter how waterproof their chosen tent may be, in rainy weather, you’re going to get your feet wet!
Folk need to be flexible and relaxed, appreciating a more laid back, go with the flow attitude to life. We can’t guarantee perfect weather but we can provide an incredible venue and are happy to advise about tent and equipment hire. We highly recommend you make use of the services of a wedding planner should you choose to get married here. Bridezillas and Groomzillas need not apply!
We make sure that Yellowwood is mowed and tidy. Loos will be serviced and contain fresh towels, soap and twin ply toilet paper. It’s important to us that things run smoothly for you - give us a call for a quote.